ONE POT CHICKEN CHILLI
Fall is here and the weather is slowly cooling down. Still there are days when the sun decides to shine with all its might and make us sweat but those days seem to be slowly paving the way for cool breezes and lower temperatures.
When the days become cooler, one just wishes to cuddle up in a warm throw/ blanket and enjoy a big bowl of hearty comfort food.
I love anything which satisfies the craving without the addition of a hell load of calories which end up somewhere on my body. I really wish the calories could find their way out, but my body is a hoarder and it makes sure that whatever goes in, stays in.
Ain’t I just so Lucky??
Anyways here is the recipe of a hearty, low calorie, comforting Chicken Chilli which is perfect for a cold day/night.
Top it with cheese or sour cream and enjoy it over nachos, with a piece of bread or just as it is.
A whole meal in itself, it can be served as a main dish or a side dish.
The best part is that all you need is one pot to make it, meaning less mess in the kitchen and more free time for yourself.
Let’s get started.
ONE POT CHICKEN CHILLI
A one pot warm and spicy Chicken stew containing beans, tomatoes and loads of garlic. Perfect for a cold evening.
Finely dice onion and mince garlic.
In a pot add the olive oil and sautee the onion and garlic till they turn golden.
Add the ground chicken and all the spices and sautee for 5-7 minutes till the chicken changes color.
Put the pasta sauce, beans and water in the pot and give a good stir.
Let the chilli simmer on low heat for atleast 30 minutes.
- This can also be made using ground beef or ground turkey. If using ground beef increase the water to 1 cup.
- I had a can of red and black beans so I used them, you can use either kind.
- You can also make it in a slow cooker or insta pot.
- Try to use a pasta sauce without added sugars. I used this brand but feel free to use any of your choice.
- You can also use canned tomatoes instead of pasta sauce.
- I like to add a tsp of ghee to give the chilli a richer taste but it is totally optional.
- You can increase/decrease the quantity of hot sauce according to your liking.
- To keep it dairy free top it with Daiya Cheese
- This recipe freezes well, so prepare it in bulk and freeze immediately.